Terms and Conditions
- Northern Hemisphere – A minimum $600 per person non refundable deposit is required within 5 days of your confirmation to secure your booking, or your reservation may be cancelled. Some suppliers may require a higher deposit amount and/or payment inside the standard 5 days to secure the booking, of which you will be notified.
- Southern Hemisphere – A minimum $300 per person non refundable deposit is required within 5 days of your confirmation to secure your booking, or your reservation may be cancelled. Some suppliers may require a higher deposit amount and/or payment inside the standard 5 days to secure the booking, of which you will be notified.
- Payment of a deposit indicates acceptance of the terms and conditions.
- It is the customers responsibility to check all booking details are correct at the time of confirmation, including but not limited to passenger names, travel dates and arrangements. If there is a discrepancy Mountainwatch Travel must be notified within 5 days of booking confirmation. Subsequent changes may incur amendment and/or cancellation fees.
- Deposits are NON REFUNDABLE for change of mind for unforeseen events that arise before you travel and result in cancellation.
2) Payment Methods
- Mountainwatch Travel accepts payment by credit card ($AUD or $NZD) or direct deposit into our bank accounts ($AUD or $NZD). There is a 1.5% bank charge when paying with Visa or Mastercard or 3% for AMEX. This is non refundable as it is retained by the bank.
- If paying by bank transfer, it is the customers responsibility to ensure payment has cleared in our account on the due date, or risk your booking being cancelled.
3) Exchange Rates
- Drastic fluctuations in exchange rates could affect the final balance of your package. While this is uncommon, it can occur due to circumstances outside of our control. Any unpaid balances will be subject to change based on current exchange rates.
- Airfares, taxes & conditions can change at any time and the only way to guarantee a quoted airfare is to make payment and ticket flights immediately. It is not always possible for us to advise of increases or charges issued by the airline.
- It is each passenger’s responsibility to make themselves aware of any airfare conditions and/or restrictions relevant to airfares purchased as part of a Mountainwatch Travel package prior to departure. If you are in any doubt, ask your travel consultant to confirm the conditions that apply to your airfare. We will advise the approximate taxes at time of booking however they may change at the time of final payment.
- Airfares can not be placed on hold until we receive in writing passengers title, full name as per passport and date of birth for any children 11yrs and under.
- Once airfares have been ticketed, any subsequent changes to names/dates or destinations will incur additional fees, set out by the fare rules of that ticket.
- If you need to request a refund on your airfare, and the fare rules/conditions allow for refunds, this will be processed via our ticketing centre.
- The refund for your airfare can take between 6-8 weeks as standard practise.
5) Final Payment
- Northern Hemisphere – Final payment is due 70 days prior to departure date. Bookings made less than 69 days from departure, require full payment up front.
- Southern Hemisphere – Final payment is due 40 days prior to departure date. Bookings made less than 39 days from departure, require full payment up front.
- Airfares and some accommodation providers may require full payment prior to the deadline set out above, your consultant will advise you of this.
- Failure to make payment by the due dates will result in the cancellation of your booking and forfeit of any monies paid.
- All amendments are subject to availability at the time of request and can not be guaranteed.
- Amendments made after the final balance is paid and up to 30 days prior to your trip commencing will incur an admin fee of $100 per amendment. This is in addition to any supplier charges.
- Amendments made within 30 days of your trip commencing will incur a $100 admin fee however may not be honoured due to time constraints. This is in addition to any supplier charges.
7) Late Booking
- Bookings made less than 14 days before departure will incur a $100 late booking fee. To commence a booking Mountainwatch Travel will require a credit card guarantee and final payment will be taken immediately on confirmation of the booking. Normal cancellation fees will apply.
- Northern Hemisphere – In the event of cancellation more than 70 days prior to departure, Mountainwatch Travel will charge $600 per person cancellation fee in addition to any airline, accommodation and supplier fees. For cancellation within 69 days but more than 30 days prior to departure, Mountainwatch Travel will retain 50% of the total trip price in addition to any applicable airline, accommodation or supplier fees.
- Southern Hemisphere – In the event of cancellation more than 40 days prior to departure, Mountainwatch Travel will charge $300 per person cancellation fee in addition to any airline, accommodation and supplier fees. For cancellation within 39 days but more than 30 days prior to departure, Mountainwatch Travel will retain 50% of the total trip price in addition to any applicable airline, accommodation or supplier fees.
- Cancellation within 30 days prior to departure will incur a 100%.
- No allowance or refund can be made for unused meals, accommodation, transport, vehicle rental, equipment hire, lift tickets, or any other unused package components once travel has commenced.
- If a person or persons in a group booking cancel their package, they and the remaining people in the booking will be liable for any additional accommodation costs that result from the person cancelling.
- Mountainwatch Travel reserves the right to substitute accommodation for an alternative accommodation of a comparable or superior standard if required due to unforeseen circumstances.
10) Early Bird Deals
- Early bird deals are subject to availability and can not be guaranteed until confirmation received and payment has been made.
- Additional payment conditions may be required for early bird bookings, as per the suppliers terms and conditions.
- All other costs, apart from those detailed in a quote/confirmation, are at the clients’ own expense eg: passport and visa fees, inter-airport transfers, meals or any other items including those of a personal nature unless otherwise stated.
- If flight or other travel delays lead to missed connections, Mountainwatch Travel cannot be responsible for any additional costs incurred.
- Mountainwatch Travel acts only as an agent for the companies or persons (principals) providing or offering the means of travel, accommodation and other services (the principals’ services) and bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions under which the principal’s services are provided.
- Accommodation, flights, transportation and any other services are subject to availability at the time of booking. The principals reserve the right to change the prices of their services without notice.
- Confirmations and invoices are subject to re-issue if incorrect through error or omission and the passenger accepts liability to pay the correct costs for services.
- Mountainwatch Travel reserves the right to cancel or withdraw any tour or passenger booking or to decline to accept or retain any person as a member of a Tour or passenger booking. This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of NSW, Australia.
- To the extent permitted by law, neither Mountainwatch Travel nor anyone on its behalf can be held liable for any alterations, act or omission on the part of the service providers/principals for any consequential, loss, death, injury, accident, delay or damage occasioned to any person or their belongings.
- Whether or not such loss, injury or damage is due directly or indirectly to any default, negligent act, misrepresentation, breach of duty, or omission of the travel operator, their respective representatives, servants, contractors or agents.
- Matters outside the control of Mountainwatch Travel may affect the services offered and Liquid Snow Tours will not be responsible for any such matters.
- Programs, offers, tour prices, services and conditions are current at the time of publication of promotional material are subject to change without notice due to unforeseen circumstances, including increases in operating costs.
- Mountainwatch Travel will not accept responsibility or liability for any traveller who contravenes the law or regulation of any country visited.
- Mountainwatch Travel strongly advises against the use or possession of prohibited drugs in foreign countries and warns travellers that if found to be involved in the use or possession of illegal drugs on a Mountainwatch Travel tour or package, we reserve the right to discharge the traveler from a tour without any compensation. This is a zero tolerance policy.
14) Force Majeure
- Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, neither we nor any Third Party Supplier can accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our or the Third Party Supplier’s contractual obligations is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss as a result of force majeure.
- ‘Force majeure’ means any event which we / the supplier of the service(s) in question / the Third Party Supplier could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include, whether actual or threatened, war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, epidemics, fire and all similar events outside the control of the party concerned.
15) Travel Insurance
- We require all travellers to have travel insurance and recommend booking this as soon as your deposit is paid. This will cover you for an unforeseen event that occurs before you travel and may prevent you from travelling. You can click HERE for an online quote or please ask your travel consultant about our comprehensive policies.
- Mountainwatch Travel, formerly known as Liquid Tours, is a licensed travel agent a member of the Travel Compensation Fund, and is licensed by the Department of Fair Trading to carry on business as a Travel Agent. The Travel Compensation Fund guarantees all monies deposited with Liquid Tours for client travel.