Terms and Conditions
1) Covid-19 Cancellation
- Cancellations due to covid related border closures are subject to suppliers terms and conditions. In most instances refunds or credit will be available up to 30 days prior to travel as a result of a government order currently in place and preventing you from travelling to the region specified in your confirmation. Some exceptions may apply, see below.
- Cancellation and refund requests will only be accepted up to 40- 60 days prior to travel (depending on supplier) to allow adequate time for international travel to resume.
- Mountainwatch Travel will not be liable for any additional costs incurred as a result of Covid related restrictions or requirements, including but not limited to mandatory quarantine or Covid-19 testing.
- Your refund will be processed after funds are received from suppliers, this can take between 4-8 weeks.
- All refunds will incur a processing fee of $49 per person, deducted from your refund. If you choose to keep your booking as credit for future travel, the processing fee will be waived.
- Refunds will not be available for change of mind or any other reason indirectly related to Covid-19, including but not limited to leave unapproved, loss of income or unwillingness to travel due to Covid-19. Refunds will not be available if you choose not to adhere to the government or airline’s policy regarding vaccinations.
- It is the client’s responsibility to check the policies relating to international travel for the relevant countries. Note these can change at any stage.
Exceptions to standard Covid-19 Cancellation Policy
- H2 Life Properties including; First Tracks, Kira Kira, Roku, Yotei Dream, Asanagi, Fubuki, Gondola Chalets, Kitanishi, Tahoe Lodge, Yuki Ten, Yuki Uchi, Chalet W, Hokkaidaway, Konaya, Off Piste Chalet, The Pavillions, Tanoshii Chalet, Hakuchozan, HakuVillas Full floor villa, HakuVillas, Super Penthouse, Boheme, Foxwood, Gustav’s Hideaway, Hideaway on Escarpment, Kitsune House, Koa Townhouse, Koa Villa, Millesime, Puffin, StarChase, Yanagi House, Yukihyo – The booking will be credited or refunded if documentation can be provided to show any of the following: i. Border closures prevent travel to your destination on your booked travel date. ii. There is official advice from the Government of your home country, or official advice from the Japanese Government, stating not to travel to your destination due to Covid19. iii. Your airline has cancelled your flight to your destination due to Covid-19.
- Portfolio Properties including; Suishou, Yasuragi, Fresh Powder, Kiseki, Yukimi, Wajima, Shousugi, Sanga House, Cocoa, Owl House, Tsukinoki, Cisco Moon, North Point Lodge, Villa Rusutsu, Yamakei Residences – If at the time of final payment, guests are unable to confirm travel due to border closures, flight cancellations or any other just reason, guests can move their travel dates to another time within 14 months of original arrival date.
- Niseko WOW Properties including; Silver Birch, Baw Baw Sansou, Suiboku, AYA Villas, Panorama, Mountainside Palace, Niseko WOW Lodge – No refund or credit for any reason, including border closures.
- Niseko Central Properties including; Skye Niseko, Ki Niseko, Yama Shizen, Youtei Tracks, Deep Tracks, Miharashi, Powder Tracks, Sekka Kan, Hangetsu, Kisetsukan, Chalet Murasaki, Ezo 365, Hirafu House, Hirafu Woods, Horizon Townhouse, J House, Kashi Lodge, Konkuritto, Miyuki, Mori, Shirakaba, Tsuru, Whiskey Woods – You can make changes to your booking any time up until 60 days prior to your arrival and receive a Full CREDIT to your new booking for Covid related border closures. Your new booking can be for any dates during Winter 2022/23, Summer 2023 or Winter 2023/24.
- MnK Properties including; Akazora, The Chalets at Country Resort, The Orchards – If you cannot arrive due to Covid related border closures, you can use your payments as credit towards a 23/24 winter season stay.
- Nisade Properties including: The Vale Niseko, The Maples Niseko, Always Niseko, Intuition, The Vale Rusutsu, Fenix Furano, Fenix West, Kozue, Terrazze, Setsumon, Snow Crystal, Freshwater, Sekka, Jade Rabbit – Credit will be offered if Japan borders are closed 30 days or less prior to check in.
- Setus Niseko; Upon confirmation of the your eligibility, Setsu will discuss alternative stay dates/downsizing your accommodation based on a reduction in the number of persons travelling, credit to future travel in 2022/2023 or 2023/2024 winter seasons or refund the accommodation amount in full, minus any fees that may be incurred for international remittance if requested.
- Hakuba Hotel Group (HHG) Properties including The Happo, Hotel Marillen, Phoenix Hotel & Chalets, Mizuho Chalets, Wadano Woods, AMO54, Wagaya Chalet, Roka, Castle, Sakka Rocks, Solar Chalet, Villa Rochalle, Wadano Hill – Non Refundable except in the case of border closures, bookings may be changed to the following season free of charge. Credit will only be applied if borders are closed 60 days prior to travel, not prior.
- The Hakuba Company Properties including; Nivia, Mountainside Hakuba, Villa El Cielo, Hachi – Free Cancellation for Covid related restrictions up to 45 days prior to travel. Within 45 days we will be charged a bank fee only.
- NAQ Properties including Villa Hakuba and Happo Apartments – Cancellations due to border closures will remain as credit for a future booking and will not be refunded. Credit will only be applied if borders are closed 60 days prior to travel, not prior.
- Kogakuro – Cancellation due to Covid related border closures will be accepted up to 60 days prior to travel, from 60 -30 days prior to travel 50% cancellation fee will apply, after 30 days no refund.
- Ryokan Sakaya & Jon Nobi Hanare – Cancellation due to Covid related border closures from 15 to 60 days prior to the guest arrival date will incur a 20% cancellation fee. No refund within 15 days prior to arrival.
- Nakajimaya Ryokan – Cancellation due to Covid related border closures from 31 – 90 days prior to the guest arrival date will incur a 30% cancellation fee. No refund within 31 days prior to arrival.
- Tokiwaya Ryokan – Cancellation due to Covid related border closures from 12 – 30 days prior to the guest arrival date will incur a 70% cancellation fee. No refund within 12 days prior to arrival.
- Kawaichiya Ryokan – Cancellation due to Covid related border closures from 22 – 50 days prior to the guest arrival date will incur a 10% cancellation fee. No refund within 22 days prior to arrival.
- Nozawa Hospitality Properties including: Address Nozawa, Address Nagasaka, Kawamotoya, Nozawa View Shimataya, Residence Yasushi – Cancellation due to Covid related border closures from 15 – 29 days prior to the guest arrival date will incur a 20% cancellation fee. No refund within 15 days prior to arrival.
- Northern Hemisphere – A minimum $400 per person non refundable deposit is required within 5 days of your confirmation to secure your booking, or your reservation may be cancelled. Some suppliers may require a higher deposit amount and/or payment inside the standard 5 days to secure the booking, of which you will be notified.
- Southern Hemisphere – A minimum $300 per person non refundable deposit is required within 5 days of your confirmation to secure your booking, or your reservation may be cancelled. Some suppliers may require a higher deposit amount and/or payment inside the standard 5 days to secure the booking, of which you will be notified.
- Payment of a deposit indicates acceptance of the terms and conditions.
- It is the customers responsibility to check all booking details are correct at the time of confirmation, including but not limited to passenger names, travel dates and arrangements. If there is a discrepancy Mountainwatch Travel must be notified within 5 days of booking confirmation. Subsequent changes may incur amendment and/or cancellation fees.
- Deposits are NON REFUNDABLE for change of mind for unforeseen events that arise before you travel and result in cancellation, with the exception of Covid-19 border closures (see Point 1 above).
3) Payment Methods
- Mountainwatch Travel accepts payment by credit card ($AUD) or direct deposit into our bank accounts ($AUD or $NZD). There is a 1.5% bank charge when paying with Visa or Mastercard. This is non refundable as it is retained by the bank.
- If paying by bank transfer, it is the customers responsibility to ensure payment has cleared in our account on the due date, or risk your booking being cancelled.
4) Exchange Rates
- Drastic fluctuations in exchange rates could affect the final balance of your package. While this is uncommon, it can occur due to circumstances outside of our control. Any unpaid balances will be subject to change based on current exchange rates.
- Airfares, taxes & conditions can change at any time and the only way to guarantee a quoted airfare is to make payment and ticket flights immediately. It is not always possible for us to advise of increases or change issued by the airline.
- It is each passenger’s responsibility to make themselves aware of any airfare conditions and/or restrictions relevant to airfares purchased as part of a Mountainwatch Travel package prior to departure. If you are in any doubt, ask your travel consultant to confirm the conditions that apply to your airfare. We will advise the approximate taxes at time of booking however they may change at the time of final payment.
- Airfares can not be placed on hold until we receive in writing title, full name as per passport and date of birth for any children 11yrs and under.
- Once airfares have been ticketed, any subsequent changes to names/dates or destinations will incur additional fees, set out by the fare rules of that ticket.
- If you need to request a refund on your airfare, and the fare rules/conditions allow for refunds, this will be processed via our ticketing centre.
- The refund for your airfare can take between 6-8 weeks as standard practise and upwards of 8 months since Covid-19.
6) Final Payment
- Northern Hemisphere – Final payment is due 50 days prior to departure date. Bookings made between 15–49 days from departure, require full payment within 5 days of confirmation.
- Southern Hemisphere – Final payment is due 40 days prior to departure date. Bookings made between 15–39 days from departure, require full payment within 5 days of confirmation.
- Bookings made less than 14 days before departure require full payment immediately on confirmation as per late booking conditions.
- Airfares and some accommodation providers may require full payment prior to the deadline set out above, your consultant will advise you of this.
- Failure to make payment by the due dates will result in the cancellation of your booking and forfeit of any monies paid.
- All amendments are subject to availability at the time of request and can not be guaranteed.
- Amendments made after the final balance is paid and up to 30 days prior to your trip commencing will incur an admin fee of $100 per amendment. This is in addition to any supplier charges.
- Amendments made within 30 days of your trip commencing will incur a $100 admin fee however may not be honoured due to time constraints. This is in addition to any supplier charges.
8) Late Booking
- Bookings made less than 14 days before departure will incur a $100 late booking fee. To commence a booking Mountainwatch Travel will require a credit card guarantee and final payment will be taken immediately on confirmation of the booking. Normal cancellation fees will apply.
- Northern Hemisphere – In the event of cancellation more than 50 days prior to departure, Mountainwatch Travel will charge $400 per person cancellation fee in addition to any airline, accommodation and supplier fees. For cancellation within 50 days but more than 30 days prior to departure, Mountainwatch Travel will retain 50% of the total trip price in addition to any applicable airline, accommodation or supplier fees.
- Southern Hemisphere – In the event of cancellation more than 40 days prior to departure, Mountainwatch Travel will charge $300 per person cancellation fee in addition to any airline, accommodation and supplier fees. For cancellation within 40 days but more than 30 days prior to departure, Mountainwatch Travel will retain 50% of the total trip price in addition to any applicable airline, accommodation or supplier fees.
- Cancellation within 30 days prior to departure will incur a 100%.
- No allowance or refund can be made for unused meals, accommodation, transport, vehicle rental, equipment hire, lift tickets, or any other unused package components once travel has commenced.
- If a person or persons in a group booking cancel their package, they and the remaining people in the booking will be liable for any additional accommodation costs that result from the person cancelling.
- Mountainwatch Travel reserves the right to substitute accommodation for an alternative accommodation of a comparable or superior standard if required due to unforeseen circumstances.
11) Early Bird Deals
- Early bird deals are subject to availability and can not be guaranteed until confirmation received and payment has been made.
- Additional payment conditions may be required for early bird bookings, as per the suppliers terms and conditions.
- All other costs, apart from those detailed in a quote/confirmation, are at the clients’ own expense eg: passport and visa fees, inter-airport transfers, meals or any other items including those of a personal nature unless otherwise stated.
- If flight or other travel delays lead to missed connections, Mountainwatch Travel cannot be responsible for any additional costs incurred.
- Mountainwatch Travel acts only as an agent for the companies or persons (principals) providing or offering the means of travel, accommodation and other services (the principals’ services) and bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions under which the principal’s services are provided.
- Accommodation, flights, transportation and any other services are subject to availability at the time of booking. The principals reserve the right to change the prices of their services without notice.
- Confirmations and invoices are subject to re-issue if incorrect through error or omission and the passenger accepts liability to pay the correct costs for services.
- Mountainwatch Travel reserves the right to cancel or withdraw any tour or passenger booking or to decline to accept or retain any person as a member of a Tour or passenger booking. This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of NSW, Australia.
- To the extent permitted by law, neither Mountainwatch Travel nor anyone on its behalf can be held liable for any alterations, act or omission on the part of the service providers/principals for any consequential, loss, death, injury, accident, delay or damage occasioned to any person or their belongings.
- Whether or not such loss, injury or damage is due directly or indirectly to any default, negligent act, misrepresentation, breach of duty, or omission of the travel operator, their respective representatives, servants, contractors or agents.
- Matters outside the control of Mountainwatch Travel may affect the services offered and Liquid Snow Tours will not be responsible for any such matters.
- Programs, offers, tour prices, services and conditions are current at the time of publication of promotional material are subject to change without notice due to unforeseen circumstances, including increases in operating costs.
- Mountainwatch Travel will not accept responsibility or liability for any traveller who contravenes the law or regulation of any country visited.
- Mountainwatch Travel strongly advises against the use or possession of prohibited drugs in foreign countries and warns travellers that if found to be involved in the use or possession of illegal drugs on a Mountainwatch Travel tour or package, we reserve the right to discharge the traveler from a tour without any compensation. This is a zero tolerance policy.
15) Force Majeure
- Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, neither we nor any Third Party Supplier can accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our or the Third Party Supplier’s contractual obligations is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss as a result of force majeure.
- ‘Force majeure’ means any event which we / the supplier of the service(s) in question / the Third Party Supplier could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include, whether actual or threatened, war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, epidemics, fire and all similar events outside the control of the party concerned.
14) Travel Insurance
- We require all travellers to have travel insurance and recommend booking this as soon as your deposit is paid. This will cover you for an unforeseen event that occurs before you travel and may prevent you from travelling. You can click HERE for an online quote or please ask your travel consultant about our comprehensive policies.
15) Gift Cards
- Mountainwatch travel gift cards can only be used to purchase travel products directly with Mountainwatch travel. Cards are not permitted to be used through a third party such as a different travel agent.
Gift Cards can be redeemed on products which hold a value over $AUD100.
The Gift card holds a 3 year expiry for bookings from the time of purchase. Your travel dates can fall outside the 3 years however a booking must be made in this time frame.
The sum of the gift card can be used in 1 or multiple transactions until the balance reaches $0. However the card is not redeemable for cash or cash equivalent products.
We may in our sole discretion place a stop on the use of a gift card if a gift card is reported to us as being lost or stolen or we believe it is being used contrary to these terms and conditions.
Mountainwatch Travel, formerly known as Liquid Tours, is a licenced travel agent a member of the Travel Compensation Fund, and is licensed by the Department of Fair Trading to carry on business as a Travel Agent. The Travel Compensation Fund guarantees all monies deposited with Liquid Tours for client travel.